View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th January 2017
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!

Your English is fine.

Whenever the dmesg shows "not configured" this means, "there is no driver for this device." And whenever the dmesg shows "unknown product" it does not even have the device listed in the kernel.
Code:
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x191e (class display subclass VGA, rev 0x07) at pci0 dev 2 function 0 not configured
The Core M3-6Y30 system is a relatively new Intel Skylake platform. There is no video driver for it's its integrated HD Graphics 515.

I've also checked -current source (/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs), and that device is still not listed.
Code:
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x1903 (class DASP subclass miscellaneous, rev 0x08) at pci0 dev 4 function 0 not configured
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x9d60 (class DASP subclass miscellaneous, rev 0x21) at pci0 dev 21 function 0 not configured
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x9d61 (class DASP subclass miscellaneous, rev 0x21) at pci0 dev 21 function 1 not configured
It is not clear to me what a DASP product is. I believe it may refer to a "Digital Audio Signal Processor." None of these products are in the PCI device list in -current, either.
Code:
"Intel 100 Series MEI" rev 0x21 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
This may be Intel's "Management Engine Interface" used for external-to-the-OS management of the system.
Code:
"Intel 100 Series PMC" rev 0x21 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 not configured
This may be Intel's Power Management Controller.

I do not see a device in the dmesg that might be a trackpad. This means that the hardware isn't responding to the kernel's probe. Perhaps the device is disabled in BIOS/EFI. More likely, this Skylake computer is just too "new" a system for OpenBSD.

You are running 6.0-release, which was built in July of 2016. You could try a -current snapshot instead of -release, but as noted above much of the hardware is still unknown to the OS.

Last edited by jggimi; 16th January 2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo