View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th June 2008
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx View Post
hmm, that depends. if you have a standard landline phone you will need an ATA device to connect it to your network.
uhm, this is not exactly what I want, I already have an ATA device Lynksys ATA 2102, with this I dont need any other device like soekris .. I am getting the soekris, and it has an SIP card built in, and I am still wondering how to configure the SIP card to make it work with the phone, and which phone should I use..

Quote:
you can also use SoftPhones (software that acts like a phone). the one i use and i'm very pleased with it is X-Lite. Very easy to install / configure.
I don't need other software or I dunno, I just want to figure out how to configure the SIP card to work with the phone ..

Quote:
i'd suggest you to read about VoIP a little - what protocols is this technology using, read about those protocols, read about asterisk and after all this give it a shot & of course post back if you need more help.
Yes, you right, I should read something about voip, because I am very interested about, and if you have something to suggest me to read, I would love that .. Thanks for your help ...

bye

Last edited by bsduser; 9th June 2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: made mistake