View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th September 2008
Port Guard

Question Firefox 3 port wont compile : libsoftokn3.so problems

I am installing Firefox 3 from ports on FreeBSD 7.0 i386 machine.
I have changed the default makefile to include --enable-pango option in mozconfig options.

I started compiling the port after that. Everything compiles fine, but at the time of some shlibsign command for libsoftokn3.so the whole build hangs. Is there some conflict in the installed libraries and the new ones?

what exactly is causing the build to hang?
here is the output from console before it hangs :

Quote:
gmake[5]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/shlibsign/mangle'
../../../../coreconf/nsinstall/FreeBSD7.0_OPT.OBJ/nsinstall -R -m 775 FreeBSD7.0_OPT.OBJ/mangle /usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/dist/bin
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/shlibsign/mangle'
cd FreeBSD7.0_OPT.OBJ ; sh /usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/shlibsign/./sign.sh /usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/dist \
/usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/shlibsign/FreeBSD7.0_OPT.OBJ FreeBSD \
/usr/local/lib /usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/dist/lib/libsoftokn3.so
/usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/shlibsign/FreeBSD7.0_OPT.OBJ/shlibsign -v -i /usr/ports/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/dist/lib/libsoftokn3.so
Please help. I need to use the pango option to enable indic rendering which is not enabled in the default binary build available in packages.