View Single Post
Old 29th July 2015
parrot

Thanks, though, even though I am aware of the 3rd party issues, risks, etc, I do appreciate
that you mention that, others might not realize that, and think just because it is on the forum
means it is going to be use able, etc.
I am not positive I completely understand this:,
Quote:
You can learn from third party sources, but please remember that they may not be correct. If you have questions about the information you find outside of the Project, in-the-wild, the authors should be contacted directly.
That includes here; this is an unofficial community of users who just try to help each other.
So does this mean, I should not ask about it here ? Or are you saying that is included, assuming the author is around, or someone familiar and interested in the program , if I shouldn't be asking about it here , no problem.
---
Something seems to be going wrong when I downloaded it, I had downloaded while using
openbsd and "netsurf", then when I encountered the error in unziping it, and asked here, I tried a second download, made sure the download was complete, but still the same error.
So, I took a nap. Now, this time I downloaded it, but using Debian, and chromium browser, since I am pretty new to OpenBsd, and it is a very fresh install, I don't have anything besides what came with the install, and I successfully installed both "dillo" and "netsurf",..

Anyway, on the debian system, I am able to open the tar.gz file and view the contents, yes everything is there, including the readme file, (have not yet read it) , so anyway, it
appears something else is causing it to not unzip correctly, on my OpenBsd machine, which by the way, is only on a VM, (virtual box),
So any way :
Quote:
Shep's tarball includes graphic files, REAMDEs and provisioning files such as .xml. Yes, it's software and documentation. But it is designed to be used with OpenBSD packages, and does not contain directly executed scripts or binaries.
Now I do see all of those files, etc, it maybe, I still do not have some " OpenBSD package" that I need for it to work, not sure yet, after I read the read me, that may help me see what I need to do. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post the :
Quote:
this give me an opportunity to insert some well-meaning, related advice about third party information and third party software.
It is good advice, I don't see or think that it is a "slam", against the software or program in any way, as you also mention , and in my case , it probably is a "operational error on my end, not probably, for some reason,
it is not unzipping correctly. anyway
Thanks, from garry, p.s.
Quote:
How did you download the file ? http ot ftp ?
I used http,