#3   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th October 2010
New User

Thanks. I have done some research.

Here is some more information that I have discovered:

vendor: 0x0af0
product: 0xd033

DMESG info

umass0 at uhub0 port 8 configuration 1 interface 0 "Option Wireless Technology GlobeTrotter Icon322" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 3
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 initiator0
cd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0 <zcoption, Icon322, 1.00> scsi2 5/cdrom removeable

It appears that the problem is the ZeroCD technology and that BSD is interpreting the device as a CDROM instead of a USB Cellular Modem.

The log (which I got working) indicates that the device is not configured. Is there a way to configure it? Research from FreeBSD indicates that a program like usb_modeswitch is necessary to correct this problem ... but other posts indicate that OpenBSD 4.0 built in support for this ZeroCD technology specifically to address the Option Icon (GlobeTrotter) devices.

Assuming that OpenBSD does support this device, I'm sure that I'm failing to understand some that I need to configure (so any help would be appreciated).

If it is a known fact that this device does not work, are there any known USB GSM Cellular Modems that work with OpenBSD? (I have US Sim card data-only plan)

Thanks.