View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th June 2019
parrot

Thanks, I don't have the PC here, now, it is in a shop where they will install the drives, but when I did look at it, and booted into the "bios", (might not be the correct term) , but any way it booted, and did have a optical drive, and then when I started installing from a CD, when it got to the Use entire disk :W, etc,... hah, no disk detected, and so when I looked,sure enough, no HD,...any way the Bios did show options:
Quote:
Booting via MBR or GPT will be dependent upon the capabilities of the particular system's BIOS. Machines which pre-date EFI booting cannot boot via GPT at all, and there are newer systems which do not support "legacy" MBR booting.
It has options for Both "Legacy", and EFI, as well as UEFI, so I will need to select either "Legacy" or UEFI, ? I think I would prefer "legacy",... if need be later when it is back here, I should post those details, before deciding ? I don't recall seeing anything about GPT,... thanks,....
So any way, it sounds like there should be no problem adding 2 extra partitions, labeled m , and n ? or is there a limit to the number of partitions ? I have never seen any mention of a limit, in any manuals, or documentation.
In fact 'man disklabel' says:
Quote:
a [part] Add new partition. This option adds a new
partition to the disk label. If no
partition letter is specified (a-p), the
user will be prompted for one.

Last edited by PapaParrot; 29th June 2019 at 12:40 AM.