View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th July 2008
Arp Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Googol2
SSH server for trusty daemonforums regulars?
I'm crazy but I'm not that open minded yet ;-)

Folding@Home is a worth while idea I think, I've been meaning to investigate it further (rtfm basically)

Some good ideas dk_netsvil,

The asterisk idea is actually quite nice, especially with the state of phones here... But I think I lack the equipment! Beyond the wireless card and a few hundred metres of phone cords, I only have a couple of old WinModems sitting around.

If I knew enough about electrical engineering, I suppose I might be able to get around that.

Backups actually are handled by my file server (OpenBSD) along side my home directory ;-)

The idea of an internal name server actually sounds quite fun, unnecessary but fun.

I would love someday to manage getting into collage to learn more about networking... Since I only have after work and 'tween tasks to explore but odds are collage would be worse.

Most of my lans topology is defiend for me out of necessity... (parts, free space, etc)

Virtualization and Me != a good mix. Although if I had some kind of a data center it might make sense, utilize more of the processing power available.

I usually feed any thing I want to test through my gaming machine, because she functions as a tri-boot. One partition for XP, one for a Linux distro (in case of need), and one for testing; usually various distros that catch my eye (and get trashed), beta/rc versions of the *BSDs, or just wipe, install, and play when I need to experiment without damaging a stable system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_netsvil View Post
Who said console? Make yourself a terminal server to give yourself access to machines if the network runs afoul.

I have a very great interest in such things, I guess now I have enough computers to make a go of it.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.