View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2008
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpl View Post
@jggimi: you missed fact that OP is using wpa_supplicant via wired interface, in such case WiFi drivers are irrelevant.
And OpenBSD DID have the support for wpa_supplicant via wired interface
much before it got support for WiFi interfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpl View Post
And why are you using that linux program, and not native one?

Authenticator for IEEE80211 clearly (must) use system specific calls. And such calls are not emulated because there is no point in doing such thing ...
Exactly!!! Straight to the point.

If he uses some kind of Linux client to connect to his company network
the client is probably open source and it must be available for BSD. What happens is that companies do not want to provide support for BSD so they
insist on using binaries for Windows, OS X, Linux, and often for Solaris.

I was in similar situation at the University Arizona where they were using
Cisco 3000 for VPN. OpenBSD has a client for Cicso 3000 but one needs to know user name and password which is usually provided in some kind of crypted file. The low level guys insisted that I change operating system
instead of providing me with the information. Instead of that I extracted information using online tools as the Ciscso 3000 has well documented vulnerability. Actually the vulnerability was pointed out to me by the director of security operations who didn't want to change official policy about providing information but was more than happy to
tell me how to crack the code.

On the funny note he was also using OpenBSD on his desktop machine instead of mandatory Solaris

Last edited by Oko; 4th November 2008 at 03:11 AM.