View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th October 2012
Tcpdump Spy

In PekWM, you can use the ~/.pekwm/autoproperties to force a size on start.

For example:
Code:
Property = ".*,^Opera" {
  ApplyOn = "New Start Reload Transient Workspace"
  Workspace = "2"
  ClientGeometry = "400x400"
}
Also see:
http://www.pekwm.org/files/pekwm/doc...autoprops.html

In addition, some programs accept the -geometry argument, although this seems to be less common these days ...

Quote:

(trisquel) This one is a serious one imho. I finally got mi wife to use linux on her netbook yet being a netbook at 1024x600 it does not have a LARGE irix multiscreen monitor So when we tell it to print, the print box comes up larger than the screen vertically. the printer selection box is huge! it has space for like 10 printers when we have only 1, hehe. the system doesnt seem to let us maximize or resize i vertically(only horizantally) Also, you cant reach the bottom right corner becuase its offscreen.
I have more or less the same problem. At work I have two 22" screens, I do >90% of my work on one screen (the one in front of me) and use the second screen for some status windows, our company chat, etc.
If I configure Xorg as "multi-monitor" in xorg.conf it treats both screens as if it's one huge screen, it doesn't make any distinction between the individual screens.

I don't know if you can change this behavior, but my workaround is *NOT* to configure Xorg in multimonitor mode and start it normally, it will show the same contents on both screen.
Then I manually use xrandr to setup the multi-montitor environment, this way PekWM will "remember" one screen as the "main" screen. This way it works pretty much like MS Windows (which I prefer).
This may not work with all window managers, I *think* this is actually a bug in PekWM, but a darn useful one IMHO

Last edited by Carpetsmoker; 11th October 2012 at 07:08 PM.