View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd January 2017
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxnix View Post
Since it could be a bug, you could contact the port mantainer. You can find the email address on the FreshPorts page of the program.

HTH
Hi

Thanks for your support, I have already emailed the maintainer, besides of having filwd a bug in Bugzilla.

What are my other options of getting this to run in Freebsd ??

If i install it in a debian jail, will it use the jail's xorg libraries ??
I have tried to run Virtualbox, but shared folder support is non existant , so, no sharing of the mesh and geometry flies created within a debian install in VirtualBox.. ;/

i really like Freebsd, much more rational and secure than pretty much ANY linux out there... but i really need to get this to run, or at least to use it... if not as compiled, then at least in emulation... so far, i have been playing with Free Open Hardened and Net *Bsds as Virtual appliances, so as to undestand how to manage the system, create ports from source, install, remove, configure security options, etc...

...if i could ditch Linux for good, i'd buy a brand new ssd, and give it a go with Free/Hardened BSD, as i feel familiar enough to do it... i only need to be able to run some productivity software... Salome Platform, OpenFOAM, Calculix, Code Aster...