View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd July 2008
Arp Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ_coder View Post
WOW! Expensive lesson to learn. It was _your_ (as in they wouldn't use it) system? And _you_ paid for it? Maybe I'm less diplomatic, but I would have told them give me the money and I'll buy whatever you want, otherwise thanks for your opinion and I'll be sure to note it in my logfile!

In my case, it was a cut of my Grandmothers 'long lost' inheritance (who I would prefer to the computer!).

As for the system? Purely my 'personal' machine and *originally* designed that way.

I got higher specs then I originally planned for but much lower quality parts, not what I wanted for the design and more headaches, but it works (with kicking) although it's been more trouble in the long run.

One thing that I especially like about the ideal of building ones own machine -- you can make sure it frigging works with your operating system more readily then an off the rack Dell

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.