View Single Post
Old 27th June 2008
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb89 View Post
Man, I feel the same way.

Sometimes I just enjoy sitting in front of computer, then open a programming book and start learning new things right away.

I know that sometimes things may get very frustrating when they'renot working right, specially if its part of a job that you gotta get done. But when I do manage to get that little problem solved after sometime spent on google, its just amazing the feeling of accomplishment that I get.

Lol, I sound a little geeky for saying that, but hey, that's what feel!
It's so nice to hear this. We're the motivated bunch. I have friends who admit that they have a weakness when it comes to technology, computers mainly, but don't do anything about it. A friend recently asked me for a recommendation on a laptop. Naturally, I recommend a MacBook or MacBook Pro, but she asked me why I chose a Mac over a Windows machine. I didn't want to go into the specifics, but I had to, and I ended up explaining to her about Unix. Then, I showed her a screenshot of my Mac OS X desktop, which is just a vanilla version with Xterm and screen running. I actually hid Xterm, but she said she couldn't use it. I asked her why, and she said it seemed too complicated. Macs are complicated....hmm, first I've heard. They can be if you delve deeper, but most won't. She won't. Really, it appalls me to see how people can just sit there an accept weaknesses and not do anything about them. It's nice to come here and find none of that.