View Single Post
Old 17th December 2008
Port Guard

Default yep

i did it at once, it was possible. i just wonder how is it possible that the user account could have disappeared (while logged in !) and the root account could have lost his password. the only operation i was doing was portupgrade -a... => ?

EDIT:
EDIT:

i do have another question : when portupgrading (-a), there's a port that doesn't upgrade and the reason is that it is marked as broken (doesn't compile). this is xf86-video-i810-1.7.4_1 . on freshports, i checked that this was indicated as well, so it doesn't come from my installation. but this prevents FreeBSD from upgrading some other ports (like xorg related ones). is there any fix, or should I just wait till the port isn't broken anymore ?
Another port has problem, this is totem. when i try to make install clean it, it ends with :
Code:
checking for EXTRA_GNOME... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.13.4 gtk+-2.0 >= 2.12.6 libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.3.3 gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.16.0 gnome-vfs-module-2.0 >= 2.16.0 libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0  gnome-icon-theme >= 2.15.90 gmodule-2.0 totem-plparser >= 2.21.90 iso-codes gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.12 gstreamer-base-0.10 >= 0.10.12 gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 >= 0.10.12 gconf-2.0) were not met:

Requested 'totem-plparser >= 2.21.90' but version of totem-plparser is 2.20.1
plus some advices (about environment variables and running gnomalyser or something like that). But before I do anything, it's quite clear that the problem can be solved by installing totem-plparser. Problem is, there's no where to find it in the ports. Neither make search name= nor a port search on freebsd web site nor on freshports gives anything related to totem-plparser. google doesn't help (leads to rpm stuff... or to http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ry/018949.html which is related to a pre release... (problem hasn't been fixed yet ?)).

Last edited by nico_h; 17th December 2008 at 10:13 PM.