View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th November 2016
Ghost in the Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
The hotplug-diskmount tool issues mount(8) commands for the partitions found on a disk drive device. If your eReader does not identify as a USB mass storage device, this program isn't going to help.

For more information, install the package and read its man page.
Ok, now I see why hotplug-diskmount probably won't work thanks for answer. I think it is supposed to be up to the instrinsic Calibre python code to handle this but Calibre is not designed to work on the BSDs plus wouldn't Calibre need root privileges or use doas or something for this to work theoretically ?

Acually, sorry, I used the wrong language; It used to be in prior versions of OpenBSD that Calibre did not recognize the device the problem now is that it recognizes my device but Calibre throws an error, in python error syntax, that it cannot communicate with the device. I don't program python so the error syntax is beyond me. When I try to send a book to the device it says the device storage is full when in reality it is only 23% used.

Code:
NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
    self.result = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 503, in _books
    mainlist = self.device.books(oncard=None, end_session=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1459, in books
    need_sync = self.parse_metadata_cache(bl, prefix, self.METADATA_CACHE)
  File "/usr/local/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 485, in parse_metadata_cache
    cache_file = cls.normalize_path(os.path.join(prefix, name))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 70, in join
    elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
^^ I give it some credit though posix.path.py seems to indicate it is at least attempting POSIX standards.

Code:
$df -h | grep sd2i
/dev/sd2i      3.2G    737M    2.5G    23%    /mnt
(BTW, I don't have it mounted on /mnt when I try to use Calibre I just did that to see if the device memory was full)

Also, there does not seem to be a manpage installed with calibre. I checked to see if it was installed outside my $MANPATH :

Code:
  $cd /usr/libexec && ./locate.updatedb && locate calibre | grep man
^^ the above will show some other results but not the pertinent info i.e. the existence of a man page.

It does not show that a man page is installed on the system but if I do that command with the multimedia player mpv it shows a man page is installed on the system.

Also, there is nothing on calibre in /usr/local/share/doc

There is calibre documentation online but I am skeptical it is going to cover this issue since the developer Kovid Goyal seems indifferent to or even hostile to Calibre working on the *BSDs that is why he makes a Linux port but not a BSD one.

I am going to play around with it and see if I can get it to work. Calibre seems to let me change the device settings, to some degree, but so far it does not look like it is advanced enough.

Last edited by Angevin; 13th November 2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: punctuation add some info