View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd December 2015
Administrator

I'm moving this thread to the General Software subforum in case non-OpenBSD respondents have any suggestions, but given that the question appears to be OpenBSD-specific, the OpenBSD packages/ports subforum may be the best location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1-531g View Post
But I have some files, than can be useful for two or more subjects so I would like to "tag" them or make relationship of that record to two, or more, subjects (or vice versa).
My suggestions would be either SQLite, or possibly Redis (databases/redis), depending upon the complexity.
Quote:
I have even created small, simple relational database in LibreOffice Base, but maybe there is something better (and initializes faster on OpenBSD) with GUI or at least CLI but for human easy enough for everyday use.
"Better" is subjective, & your ultimate usage patterns may better define what will work best for you.
Quote:
The other needed property of that database is to be Cross-platform, so I can use the same file on Windows.
When it comes to compatibility across multiple platforms, SQLite may fit your requirements best.
Quote:
But what I want is some GUI for database or maybe GUI for making GUI for database.
There are unrelated software projects which meet this requirement for SQLite. Consider the following:These are obviously the ports specific to OpenBSD. I assume they may be available for other platforms too. Further research will need to be done on availability on other platforms.
Quote:
I think that I have not found answer for what I am looking for...
SQLite creates a database in a single file. This data file can be moved from platform to platform. The software used to manipulate this file will need to be specific to each platform used.

Last edited by ocicat; 3rd December 2015 at 07:52 PM.