View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th December 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by There0 View Post
Yes unfortunitly there is no port of VMTools for OpenBSD, i have tried the FreeBSD emulation mode with all the other crap many times with no real success either.

I run my virutal machine raw, it seems to perform quite well, if i do run a gui it seems to chop a bit (no copy paste or clipboard or anything) but KDE runs quite well, a lighter desktop manager like XFCE is almost unnoticable.
@There0
thanks for the dmesg,it seem all the same on all VM platform(vbox,vmware,qemu),all return with the same 'unknown' devices error,my finding is the vmwaretools would be usefull for the ESX or ESXI version,which they depend heavily the OS detection by vmwaretools,well iam still trying right now on ESX trial ,so my observation so far,these vmwaretools only use-full for vsphere(ESX/ESXI) users,while vmware workstation/qemu/vbox just leave out it as it is "unknwon" .(will report back after finishing test on esx).

so 3d acceleration is not only for xp directx 9.0c emulation?would be work for *nix?anything noticeable?.Ah hackintosh?hehhe did you need to modified the bios to modified the acpi?yup man about the tweaking "ALLOCATE DISK SPACE NOW" i was already did it,really makes different.

btw are you Theo de Raadt??if yes,respect to you man!!!you giving me hope to the future of humanity

Last edited by Stellar; 25th December 2009 at 12:16 PM.