Thread: New keyboard
View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st July 2011
Tcpdump Spy

^ I don't know, that looks gimmicky ...

Quote:
Carpetsmoker is there any reason why you use browns?
Yes, browns are less noisy.
Blues "click" at the activation point (2mm), browns don't. Although they still make sound when bottoming out (4mm).

Other than that, the browns are a bit lighter, although not by too much.
In general, blues are considered best for typing, and browns a very good tradeoff for typing & gaming. YMMV though. I'm not rich enough to own multiple keyboards of this class, so I never tried blues

Here are the force diagrams of blues vs browns. On the horizontal axis the the distance the key travels, and on the vertical the amount of force required to press it down. As you can see there is a difference but not a huge one.

Noppoo keyboads ar generally recommended, although I don't like the mini's layout, it's a bit too cramped for me.
In general, there is little difference between these high-class keyboards with cherry/topre/etc. switches. There's the layout and a few still don't offer n-key rollover (i.e. press as many keys as you want at the same time) but that's about it ... The real "magic" is in the switches!

If you're UK/EU based, http://www.keyboardco.com/ is a good place to get your keyboards from.