Thread: MBR not GPT?
View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st January 2012
Package Pilot

I'm finish and it WORKS!

I don't think FBSD is going back and if there is not a better way you need to know one final thing.

Just clone FreeBSD sda1 partition and NOT the entire hard drive using sda like i mention above .. because you will take the GPTs that are at both the beginning and end of the disk. In the matter of fact this breaks the whole GPT thing because it is stuck behind sda1 and you are FREE to add all other PRIMARIES there-after. This destroyed the take-over of the entire disk. Just for the record, now you know that the other half of GPT is in the MBR at bs=512 count=2

I was lucky to pay attention. To completely solve this problem; after wiping you giant HDD, use cfdisk or Partition Commander to make a 80GB (or your exact size of the smaller drive that you are stripping 9.0 from) UFS partition and make it bootable. Than copy your stripped FreeBSD-sda1 image to sda1 on the giant HDD ... Now things are back to normal!

I am soooo happy!
I may never upgrade again.

I just found this 4 hours after posting this thread.

Would I be wrong to think all of this was by design, prompting for the new trend to be the ONE and only??? I bet all GPT got something to do with this:
Quote:
... users won't be able to deactivate secure booting and (therefore) install another operating system. Clearly that's not gone down well with people
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/17/m...-requirements/

Last edited by sharris; 31st January 2012 at 05:25 PM.