View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th July 2008
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Did you reinstall the ports three. No you didn't. You are still using the snapshot of ports three which are made for 4.4 beta and trying to compile
a port on 4.3 release.

There is 4.3 release branch ports three for 4.3 release and there is a snapshot of ports three for 4.4 beta. You are not even supposed to use ports if you do not know what are you doing which you obviously do not.

If you want to install Postfix on 4.3 release

Code:
su
password
export  
# PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.3/packages/i386/
# pkg_add postfix (you might need a different flavor here)

You are not going to get any sympathy from any OpenBSD users for the kind the mistakes you are making.
I did have the package installed (as you described in your post), but I am unable to have both mysql and sasl support from a package and that is the reason I wanted to install from ports. Also, I DID fetch a new ports tree, for OBSD 4.3.

I wasn't expecting sympathy, just asking for a little help, and you helped.
I have a very similar configuration working on my FreeBSD Postfix system and that works, so I think I should convert the OpenBSD system to FreeBSD since I have a little more experience with that.

Thanks, and I wasn't expecting anyone to do the work for me. I just wasn't born knowing how to do this stuff and one learns by reading and making mistakes.