View Single Post
Old 19th July 2008
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
1) I sympathize; it can be confusing.
2) Part of the confusion may be Postfix itself; there are two versions called "stable" and "snapshot" that are both available with 4.3-release; the terms "snapshot" and "stable" have different meanings in OpenBSD than they do when used by Postfix.
3) Looking at the posted build output, above, it looks like the FLAVOR environment variable was not passed to the "make fake" step. If so, perhaps you did a "make build" with FLAVOR set, but then did a "make install" without it. As your excerpt does not include the commands you used; that's just a guess.
Yes, I think you guessed correctly. I followed a Howto and did exactly what it told me to do to install Postfix on an OpenBSD system and the Howto is recent. I tried stable postfix then the snapshot and got the same result. I am going to do some Googling on this FLAVOR variable and find out what I am doing wrong. Howto's sometimes leave out the details because most people already know about them.

I forgot to look for "OpenBSD for Dummies" when I was at the bookstore but I will be sure to check next time I am there.