View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th November 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDKaffee View Post
I don't mean to sound too critical, but I think the multiple spelling errors detract from this otherwise interesting guide.
Thanks mate, I think I corrected them.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, could you also explain why you think these are better values than the defaults? Especially the polling interval.
Uses lower frequencies, these values (as from manual) specifya at what load level to change current speed to lower or higher value, default values higher the clock at lower load and the same for lower clock. The interval specifies how often the clock speed will change, many processes lower down their CPU usage for short period of time, with 500ms (0.5 second) you will not be able to "catch" these chances to save power, with 100 (or even 50 but you use more CPU power for polling) you are able to higher frequency much faster, in both sides.

Quote:
Not everyone uses sudo, and since the prompt is already '#', I think that would be sufficient enough to explain that the command needs to be run as root.
And that was the purpose of #, I just forgot to remove sudo.

Quote:
Thanks...just trying to be constructive.
Thanks for corrections mate

I added power consumption of my CPU depends on MHz used.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd