View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ_coder
The first is that output is dumped onto my console (no X, yet).. it is still very annoying!
There are a number of types of syslog messages sent to /dev/console by default. If you don't want to see them, just work on a different tty - e.g. Ctrl + Alt + F2.

Quote:
DATE & TIME /netbsd: arplookup: unable to enter address for 192.168.0.1@00 MAC-ADRESS on nfe0 (host is not on local network)
What is your IP address/subnet while you're seeing this message? Perhaps delete your arp cache and see if the message appears again later:
# arp -da

Quote:
I get my IP address via DHCP from my ISP and my modem/router is statically set to 192.168.0.1. So say my address from my ISP is 62.24.38.124 - then the two are on different networks and I get the error messages - though I can ping using names on a soft boot with this setup and I can ping addresses on the network (i.e., 62.24.38.108 - even though it is only connected via the internet).
Your modem/router is also a NAT device, right? Shouldn't your NetBSD box's IP address be on the 192.168.0/24 network?