View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2011
Too dumb for a smartphone

Hi DutchDaemon, thanks for your post. I didn't explain as clearly as possible. First, with ff 4.0 the green Forward and Back arrows look just like in the image you posted.

OTOH for ff 3.6.xx there is a drop-down menu button (small black downward-pointing arrow) beside them which you can click on to get a useful fuller history list. It looks like this:

The problem I have is that in ff 4.0, to get that same useful history list, you now have to "right-click" on an Forward/Back button, as opposed to just a normal click on the visible list button as in ff 3.6.xx. Since I use the list a lot (to go more than 1 step forward or back), I find it inconvenient to access it via the mouse button that happens to be on my scroll wheel (a binding I'm not willing to re-map). It's also easy to hit the wrong mouse button, which opens a new tab you don't want.

This problem was discussed here where I found out about the right-clicking. I don't know if this can be changed via configuration --- at least I couldn't find a way yet.

Thanks for trying to help.