View Single Post
Old 29th June 2008
Arp Constable

Remember archp2008, people who help do so because they wish to, not because they collect a $40,000 a year pay check for camping out on forums and making it senselessly easy ^_^.

Perhaps one thing that also sets a lot of BSD users apart, is we expect people to read the documentation and search the internet first ;-).

Last night, I set up mutt for the first time in ages. Read scottos page, searched the FAQ, the wiki, and the documentation and I had a configuration 10^2 of what I would have gotten without the effort.

2+2=4

The documentation for FreeBSD and OpenBSD is also far from lacking compared to a number of programs -- in my experience, Vim, OpenBSD, and Qt are three of the most well documented things in the software universe.

On my laptop, most games are jerkly, slow, unplayable, and really piss off the 4BSD scheduler. I know however that my graphics card has very poor 3D driver support when it comes to games that actually need it.

Thus in may case: XGalaga == yes; Chromium B.S.U. == no;

Does your card support suitable graphics capabilities under X to run the games correctly and are they suitably installed?

Write permissions are a realitive thing -- files, file systems, devices, etc. The permission model under unix is as simple as it gets without giving every tom dick and harry the ability to delete system files without a body block.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.