View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th November 2009
./dev/null

I feel you jggimi (do you call yourself that? when your typing? ) I REALLY do man, I get the "you can fix it, its quick you know what to do" before I even get there, then try asking them for an explanation of what happened ...

"I don't know i was not using my computer"
"I thought you said you were listening to music and surfing?"
"I was"
"but you were not using your computer?"
"no"
"what do you call it when you have your hands on the mouse and keyboard and clicking buttons?"
"I dont know thats why your here, you can fix it fast, i don't know what happened, it was not me" ......

So this is where i leave, and yes Windoz and Mac users and quite the same, Linux users think they are that much better because they all use a "hackers" OS, even though most of them have not even compiled anything on Linux to watch it break, if it even compiles.

So yes i REALLY do enjoy talking to fellow engineers and a good technician, hardware or network, will always at least have a good story ...

GOOD STORY;
Cisco routers getting a firmware update, of course every good network has a live standby, so this fellow upgrades BOTH at the same time, and of course they BOTH bomb Turns out this fool does NOT even have his configs backed up before he BOMBS BOTH ROUTERS!!! (Why the hell do your backup at the same time???) he ends up having to recreate the configs from customer emails and phone calls. He also managed to keep his job? WOW!