Thread: Bad moderation.
View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th April 2009
Spam Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemera View Post
But, I think you might not have seen the thread.
I flagged it with the mods. So I certainly saw it. There's off-topic, and there's interplanetary space. That's where this thread was (in subject matter and in distance to tech-oriented topics).

Quote:
The OP didn't start any religious/evangelical discussion.
Instead he was raising an objection to some of the stuff that has been posted by members of the forum, on such a sensitive topic, on which people have strong opinions.
He could (and should) have voiced his objections in that thread (concisely, I might add), instead of going off on a pseudo-mathematical duck hunt.

Quote:
So instead of moderating/removing that and other similiar posts by other members of this forum, what does the moderator do? ... he quietly removes the OP's post instead. Isn't that double-standards?
No, not at all. Raising a simple objection in context is one thing, erecting an entirely new topic that had no relation whatsoever with the subject matter of these forums is quite another. I don't speak for the mods, of course, but this is why I flagged this post, regardless of how I feel about the subject matter (I'm with Dawkins myself) -> it could have been a recipe for apple pie, for all I care.

Last edited by DutchDaemon; 16th April 2009 at 04:39 PM.