View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiwa View Post
It is great!! And please also stop complaining about Linux distros how are more and more Windows like and so and so... Live other OSes and enjoy in your OS as many people prefer typewriter machines against computer still...
Have a good one....
I complained about Linux? You must be kidding. You hijacked the thread in which we were discussing Wikipedia article about OpenBSD. The Linux was mentioned once in one of my statement which was refuting the claim that OpenBSD is a good replacement for Linux. It was not mentioned in negative connotation by any stretch of imagination.

I honestly could care less what is going on with Linux. I cold heartedly had to install Linux (Scientific Linux to be precise) on one of my clusters because there are no CUDA (GPU computing) drivers for Solaris or NetBSD. Motivated by your post I am going to install on Tuesday after memorial day Windows 7 on that cluster. I have been using Windows 7 on couple of machines where I needed MATLAB (Skype; and Microsoft Office to lesser extend ))It seems rock solid . It is also a damn secure system behind that OpenBSD firewall of mine

Last edited by Oko; 29th May 2011 at 09:20 PM.