View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th December 2009
./dev/null

Quote:
so 3d acceleration is not only for xp directx 9.0c emulation?would be work for *nix?anything noticeable?.Ah hackintosh?hehhe did you need to modified the bios to modified the acpi?yup man about the tweaking "ALLOCATE DISK SPACE NOW" i was already did it,really makes different.
I have tried enabling 3d acceleration only for Windoz and my MacOS virtual machines, both did make a difference, (notes below on MacOS VM) Linux's i only use BackTrack livedvd, (sometimes i test iso's in VM but don't have any one i use daily). I do not use GUI's on my OpenBSD installs (most are servers), the install of OpenBSD on my laptop is on raw metal, although i can boot it from VMWare through Windoz if i need (i do have 3D enabled, not sure how much it helps in this instance though).

NOTES ON MACOS;
This setup was a bit cranky, it actually took me about 2 months for find a proper solution. The VM was actually created in Fusion 3.0 as an "experiamental" 64bit SERVER (VM for Windoz does not have that type of VM yet) and then i used the config file (.vmx) to create a Windoz VM. This included use a precreated .iso file to actually boot the VM(no BIOS mods required) similar to BOOT132 and other others. There are VMTools available for the MacOS install as well (from Fusion 3) and it's QUITE SMOOTH (especially with dedicated disk space).