View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th June 2015
OpenBSD language porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Sanders View Post
& neither have you answered the question I asked you.
I am unable to respond to questions that require me to defend positions I don't hold; that is a matter of decorum. You said:
Quote:
Would you agree ibara that for instance a project such any of the BSD's or say wikipedia are too large to be contained within a single cranuim of the taxonomy Hominidae, or would you dispute that as well?
Which means that you charge me with disagreeing with the idea that humans cannot hold such a mass of information. I didn't disagree with that idea, I questioned its utility in understanding labor, which, again, was at the center of the two minute video clip. Therefore, I could not respond to your question. It wouldn't make sense for me to answer it.

Quote:
And that is the point. I think criticism is a good thing & I wonder: if you can offer criticism surely you're not suggesting others can not do the same with your replies are you?
You may certainly critique any idea I put forward. But you need to critique what I actually said. As an academic, that's really the only thing asked.

Barring that, you expose yourself as being a troll. Or, if you feel the charge of troll is exceptionally unfair, you demonstrate inability to thoughtfully and adequately engage with the ideas currently put forward. That's OK. But I cannot do your work for you.