View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st March 2012
VPN Cryptographer

I've been playing the Elder Scroll series since Daggerfall, but I'm not a big gamer or follow any of the gaming board or such. Needless to say, I bought Skyrim without hesitation only to be "WTF'd" when installing the DVD wanted to make a steam account and connect to this site. I got everything installed verified and found the offline mode settings.

Two days ago I went to play Skyrim and I get..."game not available", WTF, how is something I installed on my machine not available? After a few hours of searching it turns out that somehow a file was corrupted. How? Who knows, but I have to log into steam and find the verify games files, so it could download new files! OK, I'm just ranting sorry...

But, Morrowind and Daggerfall are playable on FreeBSD via wine and dosbox. Although I haven't tried them on AMD64, yet.