View Single Post
Old 12th March 2012
Administrator

@Carpetsmoker

Morrowind seems to be the last enjoyable Elder Scrolls game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddierod View Post
I tried running Rome Total War last night on 9 AMD64, using both packages from here http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/wine/ and had no luck. I used to play that Caesar III/IV using wine on 32bit FreeBSD...I try messing around more later and see if I can get them working.
I played several games (on amd64) under VirtualBox since WINE@amd64 (even with ivoras package) is limited to 2D only, we will have to wait for WINE64

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I had such high hopes for NeverWinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and the Icewind Dale series of Forgotten Realms RPG games. But after actually playing Icewind Dale I and II, I have to say that cRPGs are just adventure games with characters that level up.
Neverwinter Nights is a big sh!t, they even screw-up the whole DnD3 implementation, and yes, Icewind Dale I & II are mostly hack'n'slash on simplified DnD2 rules, Baldur's Gate I & II are more cRPG like then Icewind Dale, but still not best. IMHO You should focus on Planescape: Torment, a trully beatiful cRPG. Fallout 1 & 2 also are very 'RPG' IMHO. There is also an interesting 'bastard' called Lionheart, which is something like Baldur's Gate on Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L system, works quite well, I found that game also enjoyable.

There is also Temple of Elemental Evil using DnD3, alos found that game quite enjoyable.

Not really RPG's, more strategies with RPG elements, the well known Heroes ]I[ ... and a lot less known tour-based strategies called Disciples I and II.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd

Last edited by phoenix; 13th March 2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Remove duplicate paragraphs. Copy/paste error?