View Single Post
Old 4th September 2008
Risen from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
The "control this page" button/menu in Chrome I think is wonderfully done, and the fonts defaulted to 16pt on the proportional fonts on my test machine. I've set all fonts 2pt larger and find it quite usable on my 1600x1200 screen.

And two -- if there is that, if there *is* a control to restrict websites to a minimal font size, I haven't found it in the past ~5 minutes. Being that I am a person that likes very large fonts (and sit back and with head up at my dual-monitors), that's almost a killer for me: most websites I visit have painfully microscopic font sizes on high resolution displays!!!!
You should be increasing the DPI settings for your display in proportion to your resolution. A 12pt font should be the same size, no matter what the resolution is. If 12pt is tiny on your monitor, your DPI setting is wrong. There's an Xorg commandline setting for this, that can be added to the startx command, or xinit command, or *dm config file, or <insert preferred method of starting X here> command, or ... Hmmm, yeah, guess it's not so easy to keep DPI settings straight on X systems.

Help for FreeBSD: Handbook, FAQ, man pages, mailing lists.