View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th October 2008
VPN Cryptographer

Hello,

Youch! Those tadpoles are expensive (though I can't say I'm surprised since it is a SPARC).

I have seen those Chinese models and I looked at the Sharp's and they don't fit the bill if you read my first post - they are too small!!! I mean a 7" or 8.4" screen (and most don't even fill the whole 7" lid). I'm sure there are some who just love those teensy tiny screens and keyboards, but I'm not one of them.

Why can't they make a regular sized laptop?! I've read talk about an ARM laptop that is 15.4" but I haven't seen it for retail. Seeing how ARM came up with an asynchronous processor (I saw some news starting around 2005 I think), that is able to independently shut down unused systems, that would be an awesome laptop processor.

I know that VIA is x86, but again, I mentioned them because they a) aren't widely marketed and b) seem like a good laptop option.

The number 1 beef I have is that all the options I have seen for retail currently (aside from the expensive tadpoles and discontinued models) are microscopic - like I said, 7" or 8.4"! I am not a Lilliputian!
And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us. (John 1:14)