View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th April 2011
Package Pilot

Default My Mouse Don't Work ???

... and they never did. Could someone please tell me how do I make my mouse work on my Gigabytes running FreeBSD. It works for Windows-7 but these machines are to be dedicated to FreeBSD so I dd out Winodws long ago and they been sitting around doing nothing for months. I have these two boards and neither of will run the mouse on any version of FreeBSD including current-9.0

Board-1 "Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H"

Board-2 "Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H"

These mother board has only one standard mouse/keyboard port and a bunch of USB-2 and USB-3. If I use both PS2 keyboard and mouse plugged in the standard single port with a split cable the mouse will not work. If I plug the mouse in the usb port, the mouse will not work. If I switch them around the mouse STILL will not work.

This is what happens; the mouse pointer ARROW will show up on the screen, but the second I type a key on the keyboard to log-in, the ARROW DISAPPEAR, like Houdini. These are stand-along machines.

This has been going on from day1, back in October 2010 when I purchased these two Gigabyte Mother Boards. Fedora not installing was my first issue. Never did get it installed to date. I tried everything I could think of to make the mouse work. Now I'm running the latest and the Greatest FreeBSD current-9.0 with mouse support enabled properly, which works on all my other systems, old and new.

I ask Gigabyte for help but they don't have a clue. I'm sure it's a BIOS issue. There all kinds of BIOS issues at their forum but the giant corporation seem to be on the hush-hush for reasons that makes cent" to me. It can't install ANY version of Fedora, the BIOS do not have NUM-LOCK and now no mouse for FreeBSD and I bust them all because I am a FreeBSDsor.

But this is "BSD" and there may be a work-around. Maybe timing or something because you touch the keyboard the mouse loss focus ... the mouse arrow will show up after booting but it don't move like it can on other machines when you move the mouse around. It just show up completely FROZE waiting for you to touch the working keyboard. Gosh!

Would anyone have any ideas that I can try. Imagine your first Dream-Machines EVER, with BIOS build from h*ll. WHY ME!!!

Thanks again in advance

Sorry about back-to-back threads but this one is about to make me crack.