View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th July 2008
New User

Hi. This looks exactly like what I've been looking for. However, I am now having some difficulty installing it in FreeBSD 7. I run the following commands as root:
Code:
cd /usr/ports/net/p54u
make install clean
and I get compilation errors, of the type where symbols are not defined, and so on. (I don't have the exact output with me, because I don't have Internet access without this driver.) I have also tried installing it using the www.prism54.org method (not as a port, I just run the make command provided with the p54u-0.8.tar.bz2 file), and this is where I am getting the compilation errors. What should I do? Note that this is now a port installation problem.

Note: I have tried every previous version of this driver and each one fails to compile. Does this have something to do with the fact that these drivers were written for FreeBSD 6, but I have FreeBSD 7? Or is it possible that I am missing some kernel header files somewhere or something (even though this port has no dependencies other than itself)?

Also, according to http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsan...ph.i386-7.html, net/p54u "should be in sync with the kernel to work correctly"? Could this be the problem?

Last edited by ronaldmcdonald9; 9th July 2008 at 03:40 AM.