View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th July 2011
Shell Scout

Quote:
To understand what gets installed in order to build, use "make print-build-depends" and compare that to "make print-run-depends". I had attempted to copy/paste some console output, but it's not working for me from this particular browser. But you will see for yourself when you run make with those targets.
Thanks, it is much clearer now. A shame there is no option to delete the build dependencies, once the final package is created. But I guess I won't have to build them again next time I update the same packages. (well, if they don't need to be updated themselves)

And I'll do a samba share and buy a printer to avoid wasting disk space

Quote:
As I said before, If you want to force the building of a port, you are likely to find "make package" more effective than "make update" -- there is nothing in your dependency chain nor in this unchanged Makefile that will force a rebuild.
I forced the rebuild :
Code:
env FORCE_UPDATE=yes make package
export $PKG_PATH=/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/
pkg_add -r evolution-data-server
But /usr/ports/infrastructure/build/out-of-date keeps telling me that my evolution-data-serverport is outdated because of eggdbus.
Was the package not built with the new version of eggdbus, previously installed ?