View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th January 2011
Port Guard

Hey again! Thanks for your help. I renamed the config file from .fvwm2rc to .fvwmrc and tested it using Beastie's key bindings, which worked (Thanks Mako). Actually, I did this quite a while ago and played around with the config file for about a week. I've decided I appreciate and admire fvwm, and will now use dwm for now anyways.

This worked out well however as it elucidated the source of one of my initial concerns:

PROBLEM: Left clicking in a window causes the page to scroll up. (Firefox, xterm (e.g. when viewing a manual pages, even emacs (sometimes) ! This occurs under fvwm or dwm so is it X?

Not sure if it helps but I switched window managers by editing "fvwm || xterm" in ~/.xinitrc to read "dwm || xterm" and also I sometimes get "(firefox-bin:10752) Gtk-CTRITICAL **" or "(firefox-bin:10752) Gtk-CTRITICAL **") sent to my terminal...but somehow I doubt these are the problems...

Any suggestions regarding the mouse-left-click-scroll-up problem would be great appreciated, I'm really stumped on this one! :S