View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th October 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by subutai View Post
I hope I won't run into any other trouble during the installation tomorrow.
I, too, have installed OpenBSD on various netbooks, & figuring out the incantation needed to boot from USB was usually the strangest of the idiosyncrasies encountered.

If you maintain a notebook of hardware/software oddities, the solution you found today may be worthy of noting. Otherwise, you may be going through the same frustration & discovery again if you ever have to install in the future.

As for OpenBSD's installation process, be sure you understand what is being asked for where. Studying Section 4 of the official FAQ before embarking on installation will save you much frustration & bewilderment.

In fact, you will save yourself significant frustration by taking the time now, as a newcomer, to studying all of the FAQ. It is the single best document which describes the current state of OpenBSD.

Many of the questions we encounter on these forums are from those that don't read the FAQ. Yes, some beginner documents & FAQ's are poorly written, but this one is solid. The OpenBSD project is small, so investing the time to write one document well solves a number of problems all at once.