View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th September 2011
More noise than signal

Quote:
I was trying to set multipath route with two default gateways.
I'd like to know just what you did, and, what results were seen, in as much detail as possible. I have to guess that you still had a non-multipathed default route. Ignoring PF entirely, and focusing on your routing environment, I have some questions:
  1. Did you enable IPv4 multipath routing in sysctl.conf(5)? Confirm it is enabled with $ sysctl net.inet.ip.multipath
  2. How are you creating the multipath routes? With a !route command in your applicable hostname.if(5) files? With an rc.local(8) script that issues route flush followed by the applicable route add -mpath commands?
  3. How many default routes are in your routing table? Two? Three? If you have more than two, you have a problem, either caused by a mygate(5) setting or by dhclient(8) configuration accepting a default route, or by not flushing and reloading your routing table correctly.
  4. Did you watch both interfaces with tcpdump(8) when pinging, or connecting with ssh? I'm guessing that packets coming in to IF2 were still being responded to via IF1.