View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th August 2008
Package Pilot

If Cox is available in your area, I'd check them out. I have the business class internet and it's faster* and cheaper than a T1 line. As far as reliability/stability, I've had absolutely no problems. As part of my contract, I get same day (if requested before noon) service, and next day service otherwise (on-site service). And for upgrades, all I have to do is call my account manager and shortly thereafter my bandwidth is increased. They even waved installation for me signing a 1 year contract (I can't even get this good of a deal shopping for cell phones). I'm impressed with reliability considering I'm in a "rural" area.

*A note on bandwidth: My downstream is nearly 3x that of a T1, but my upstream is a tad slower. But for $79 a month (total, no extra "taxes" or fees), it's clearly the better option. Not to mention I can upgrade to a speed well over a T1 and still be much cheaper than the over $300/month quote I've gotten in the past for T1's.