View Single Post
Old 30th January 2009
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
I've built two overclocked Intel quad core systems that are outfitted a lot like yours, but with extra drives. 500W is more than plenty. 430W is fine too, but I like detachable cables, and those came in a 520W Corsair (if I remember right).

I find computer speakers to be a lot more limiting than the DSPs on the motherboard. I've not checked their quality on my big stereo, so I cannot say anything about their ultimate quality, but typical computer speakers are awful. Good enough for their application -- yes. But as audio devices they are terrible.

Listen to Vermaden, too. I've seen rumblings about the Seagate drives, but I've not been in the market recently. The last two builds I did I used mirrored 500GB WD drives. They have been fine so far.

What case do you intend to use?
Thanks, DrJ

I will listen to Vermaden, yes I will

As to the case, I've picked an 'Antec New Solution NSK4000 EC'. Its not a well thought out choice, its actually a 'I don't care what the case looks like, so have it be cheap choice'

Actually, my wife wants a desktop case (I need two PCs), but desktop cases don't seem to be around anymore