View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th June 2017
Package Pilot

Default Trouble setting up wifi on pfSense router/firewall

First, let tell you a little bit about my set up.

It's an APU2C4 motherboard inside the standard case. For the mini PCi module, I went with the only one recommended, which was the wle200nx. Other parts are; pigsma, antsmadb, and msata16d. All parts installed, and detected by system.

During the install, pfsense, installed two interfaces, WAN, and LAN, which are working. Let me add, that my pfSense box is attached to my cable modem/wireless router via ethernet. My cable modem/router is currently configured to run in router mode because I have not been able to get the pfSense box to work with wifi. Once I do, I will switch my cable modem/router to bridge mode.

I assigned another interface (ath0), named it WIFI, then bridged it to LAN. I configured the WIFI interface, and I can now connect my devices to it, however, there is no internet.

NOTES:

status -> interface, both LAN and WIFI, under bridge, lists as 'learning'.
status -> iinterface, WIFI interface has in/out errors.
status/system logs/system/general -> kernel ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 4) (please see last pic)

Questions:

1> Since I bridged WIFI with LAN, and LAN was working properly, will LAN's firewall rules take affect on WIFI, or do I need to create separate rules for it?

SCREENSHOTS:

dashboard

interface LAN

interface WIFI

status interfaces

status /system logs/ system/ general

Last edited by jjstorm; 29th June 2017 at 09:05 PM.