View Single Post
Old 8th July 2010
Package Pilot

ocicat, I intent to. I was just hiding down here at BOOT-CAMP to learn something I always wanted to know about, pf. The members here are educated and some self-made OS professional. Network operating systems is more serious than I thought and it's very time consuming. I had to make sure I am really ready to take the dive. I realize there is no better way to understand UNIX* than to know low-level firewalling, Packet Filtering. To know it is to know the Whole Wide WEB.

It won't be long before I hit the FreeBSD General and Security forum to talk emulators, jails and such. I can't go up there acting silly, not knowing nothing like I did down here. I'm the kind of person who do well reading half of a book but with UNIX it's a difference ball-game. .. It's like you said, in a very nice way, a few times, sound to me you said "read them" .. so I did as deep as I could. When I go up stairs, I'll know more about my own topic before posting a question about it. This PF thing was from ground up. I really knew nothing, nada, zip but a dream of seeing 2 computer talk to each other. Now I even know "ALL
" (well nearly) it does from the sec you click the switch.