View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th November 2008
Arp Constable

Well, in the pre-vista world I would probably choose Win2K because everyone I know who has used it a lot, has the best regards for it among it's other Micro$haft peers; with the total end of lifing getting closer though, I would however be very cautious of /how/ I used it. In the post-visa world now that 98SE/2K are essentially history, I think I would choose vista *if* the price and pains invovled was equal to that of XP - fat chance of that.

Because I only require windows for gaming, I would of course choose Windows XP, at the moment I find it the most stable and reliable choice all around.... until XP becomes like the Windows 98 in those old "Supported Operating Systems: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP" labels, the old banana rather then the best supported flavor.

For the games we play, I'm actually surprised some of my teammates can use Vista + Quad Core CPU + G80 comparable graphics cards and still get the games to function usably.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.