View Single Post
Old 14th June 2011
Package Pilot

I see there has been a lot of visitor to this thread so I removed the fun part just in case someone mom got a tracker on my system.

Notice how the ARM sit's at the center during initiation. This indicates to me that the MBR is at the CENTER of the HDD living on top of the hard-disk controller...

I am the hole in your round HDD
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am the hard-Disk-Controller
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am the MBR
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am EXTENDED 4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now lets look at it the other way around and maybe somebody, someday can tell us which way is UP!

Also image that the MBR is at first 1024byte - Most OUTER limit of the HDD in both cases.

I am the hole in your round HDD
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am the Hard-Disk controler
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am the MBR
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am PRIMARY 3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am EXTENDED 4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the MBR lives at bottom I go with the blue line-up... If the MBR lives at the top, I go with the red partitions line-up. This is because I just remember ... if you create p1 and p2 of the exact same size, p2 will ALWAYS read large, and by over 1mb if I remeber correctly. THIS IS PROOF that p1 has the MBR code at the beginning of itself. I have been told this in many books. so it's back to where partitions build accually begins... top-down or bottoms-up! The youTUBE link looks like bottoms up to a point. I'll buy a clear drive some day and watch it for myself. That's the only way learn. I'll use camera's if I have to.

back to the drawing board

Back to the image you get when using Partition-Commander.. it's the RED view or is it just an imaginary view to make it human understandable?

Whatever, P2 and P3 proved FASTER where ever they may be and we know for a fact that p3 got to be somewhere in the middle (based on size given) of the HDD, so the OUTER being known as the fastest, don't hold water.

Maybe the BLUE chart line-up would allow for the OUTER drive to be known as the fastest if we consider that.

Other than that, bottom-line: BYTES are BYTES no matter what's inside or where any group of them are located ... P3 Win!

We wait an confirmation. Please hook up that spare machine.

Thanks

Last edited by sharris; 20th June 2011 at 08:51 AM.