View Single Post
Old 12th November 2008
VPN Cryptographer

fwiw, my son has Vista on his highend, water-cooled, supermagopolus gaming machine with few problems, but I doubt he would notice any if they occured.

The only other Vista box we have is this desktop I'm on right now. It's for my wife so she can run Quickbooks on the road. It, too, is ~3Ghz and 3GB ram. At times it appears pokey and sluggish. At times the drive is running non-stop for no apparent reason other than what possibly others mentioned above.

Interestingly, I have gotten BSOD on it several times. The only thing I use this for is surfing and reading a tutorial on LISP. You can see it coming because everything just hangs for a second then...crash.

I do get frustrated trying to find where settings are and waiting for things to open up. I downloaded a video and it took me a minute to figure out where it went. My wife still has MSN Messenger and some news thing on here, came with the thing, but I forget it's there while waiting for Firefox to open and the drive to quit chugging away. Then it pops up hours later. Well, maybe not that long .

I tried ftp'ing to my fbsd boxes but it didn't work. I know I can't ssh but I need to find a way to do all that cause my fbsd notebook just hardware failed and this is all I've got for mobile use.