View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th May 2010
Arp Constable

To be honest, you lose control of your data the moment you send it down the pipe. What's the difference between searching Bing over HTTP, and sending an e-mail via Yahoo!? Only the type of data you're submitting, once you've sent it, it's out of your hands. Ok, so whose going to trust Bing xD, but you get the point! The only way out of it, is to give up the internet, or at least any part of it you don't trust. Yes, I am being pedantic. Only trust and law applies because data is data, is data. I blame that thinking on lisp...

The latter could also be applied to paid web hosts or ISPs, I have seen smaller ones decide to `change businesses` before, leaving customers high and dry. In all fairness however, the typical (idiot) user of a computer, is likely to have more down time, than any professionally managed web service: short of a data centre dropping off the map, or the company going out of business.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.