View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th June 2010
More noise than signal

The conflict is caused by hplip-libs, which is a valid dependency? Something isn't right. But just what, is not clear to me.

First, look in /var/db/pkg for any "partial-..." packages, if you see any, remove them with pkg_delete(8). You could remove hplib-libs with pkg_delete as well, if you like.

It isn't clear if 4.7 was a fresh install, or if it was an upgrade from 4.6. If it was an upgrade, look in /var/db/pkg for any hidden ".libs-..." structures, which are library dependencies. Perhaps one (or more) of these packages is no longer needed, and can also be removed with pkg_delete. The pkg_delete tool will tell you if a .libs* package cannot be removed, if it is still needed.

I do not know if manually doing a pkg_add for jpeg would be of help or not. It contains the missing libjpeg, but something else seems to be at work on your system. You could always try it.

I don't have a 4.7-release system handy, but I will create one and try to replicate your problem this evening ... am at work at the moment.

Last edited by jggimi; 16th June 2010 at 07:44 PM.