View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2009
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekiser View Post
Wicd and NetworkManager. But this shouldn't matter because we're not supposed to be using BSD as a desktop.
You can do whatever you want of course. You missed my whole point.

You know, I don't post much here but I've been around since the BSDforums days. Are you guys really making that much fun of me or is this all tongue in cheek? This is one place I feel (or felt) at home. I answer tons of questions on the Ubuntu forums, and it's so refreshing to come back here after dealing with the "I have to have a desktop for everything" crowd. I figured we had more command line guys here.

Maybe I'm just taking this all too seriously, but I just don't use BSD as a desktop. IMHO it makes the best server out there, but I never said you weren't supposed to run a desktop on it. I just hope it doesn't end up like Linux, that's all, because there is no place to go after BSD. I retreated to BSD when Linux became dumbed down for Windoze users. I'm not ready for that here. If I have a choice fine, but in Linux you are practically forced to use the bloated stuff they have today.

-Tim