View Single Post
Old 6th December 2017
parrot

I have a PH.d in "Learning the hard way", from the "School of Hard Knocks",
Before I retired, I cut and shaped rocks, and there is a difference between that,
and just breaking stones,... I am/was a stone Cutter, not a " stone breaker ", all though
I did start out just breaking stones, and drilling holes in them for the explosives in the mines.
But any way, I do find it irritating when I see / read comments like " With Linux I did it this way, Why doesn't it work on OpenBsd ? ",.... honestly, Logic would tell some one Open Bsd is
not Linux, so why would any one expect it to work the same ? The same when Windows user say, "ON Windows it works, Why doesn't it work on Linux ?", "Duh,I donknow, maybe because Linux is not windows ",...
I have not seen or heard of any OpenBsd distros,... then there are other BSD releases, but I have never thought of them as a Distro, distribution , as in Linus's Linux Distros,... I have stopped using Linux Distros, because in their efforts to attract the MS Windows users, they have become very similar to the same OS they tried to move away from. ...